Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do things that SCARE you!

So, my last post was about doing things that are HARD. Today, my post is about doing things that SCARE you. There is a difference...my last triathlon (in Fort Macleod) was hard. I wasn't scared or really concerned, I knew it would be hard, but it didn't really scare me. My next triathlon, Banff, scares me!!!! It's an open water swim, in Banff, the mountains, in September, it's going to be COLD!! The bike course will not be closed to traffic (crazy, unpredictable tourists!) and we are to beware of wildlife on the road (specifically big horn sheep!) that could be interesting. The run is the only thing that doesn't scare me! But it's a HUGE event, there will be olympic athletes, it's a qualifying race for other big time races. There's going to be tons of people. I'm not going to let me fear take over, I will succeed and I will be so happy when I cross the finish line!

What are YOU going to do that scares you?

Once you do that thing, you'll realize that it didn't kill you and that you can do AMAZING things!

No comments: